Meet Steven B. Oken, DDS
Periodontist & Dental Implant Specialist in the Bronx
Dr. Oken has been certified in Implant surgery and has been successfully performing implants for over twenty years.Dr. Oken was Chairman of the Ethics Committe of the Bronx County Dental Association and an attending doctor at St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx .
Dr. Oken is the past president of the Bronx County Dental Society .
Dr. Oken was recognized in the National Who’s Who for Professionals because of his concern for patients, his gentle touch, and the quality of treatment he provides.
Dr. Oken attends seminars several times a year to keep abreast of the latest periodontal and implantology techniques.
- Past President of the Bronx County dental Society.
- Graduated Phi Beta Kappa from SUNY at Buffalo in 1978.
- He completed his dental training at the prestigious SUNY at Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine for his Doctorate degree.
Dr. Oken received the John Oppie McCall Award for Periodontal Treatment and The American Academy of Periodontology Award for outstanding treatment.
He completed his residency at the University of Tennessee School of Dental Medicine and the V.A. Hospital in Memphis , Tennessee, in 1984, and has been in private practice since that time.
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment.718-597-8457
Dr. Oken is currently a member of:
- The American Dental Association
- N.Y. State Dental Society
- Bronx County Dental Society
- American Academy of Periodontology
- North East Society of Periodontists
- American Academy of Osseointegration
Dr. Oken provides a conservative treatment approach with a gentle “golden touch”.